Thursday, 11 June 2015

What a beautiful day...

My walk at lunchtime today was really pleasant (although I did wish I'd brought something cooler than denim jeans to change into).
I spent the day trying to call the hospital (unsuccessfully) about my appointment next week. I'll be getting a local anaesthetic for the procedure and they said I needed someone to take me home afterwards. I think that's overkill and would rather either use the train or call a cab but I don't want them keeping me there all afternoon if they won't discharge me without a carer. Does anyone know what the situation is?It is only a local to numb the side of my face so they can inject steroids around the eye socket. How bad can that be? It sounds very non-intrusive to me, but I'd appreciate a more informed opinion :-)

Food today:
Breakfast: Lemon baked (egg fast) custard
Lunch: egg mayo
Dinner: cheesy scrambled eggs
Snacks: cheese

2 comments:

  1. I know when I had eye drops before an examination they insisted that I go home with someone and I could see why - everything was very blurry and it was hard to see where I was going at times. I was glad to have a friend with me. I guess a taxi might be OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the end of the day they can only advise you to have company but they cant force you to stay. A cab might be a good idea especially if you can get the driver to see you into the house. You will feel pretty silly sitting on the doorstep unable to get the key into the lock!!!!

    ReplyDelete