Thursday, 18 June 2015

More cheerful today

I went back in to the office today after getting a very decent night's sleep last night. Much happier today - zero discomfort from THE EYE, both in terms of the incision from Tuesday and the eye pain that led to the procedure in the first place - which I guess means the swelling is going down. I also think my vision is clearing up - obviously it can't fix my tiny baby cataracts but the overall blurriness seems better today. So yay! Although in case you think I have been body snatched by a cheerful alien let me reassure you with one complaint I have - I have to use single dose chloramphenicol eye drops 4 times a day for a while and OMG they taste disgusting. No, I'm not drinking the eye drops, but every. single. time  I use them, a couple of minutes later they trickle down to the back of my throat and they are FOUL. I am however perfectly willing to take the full course given that I am seeing improvements already and that proves (if proof were needed) that my consultant knows his stuff.

We had rain overnight but it was beautiful this morning, a bit warm for a walk maybe. As it happened I had to go to the post office at lunchtime anyway, so couldn't go for a full length walk in the time I had. Still pleasant to get out of the office of course. I explored some overgrown narrow footpaths I hadn't tried before and found a tiny village I'd never seen before - literally just a small collection of large attractive houses and nothing else,in the middle of nowhere, on a narrow winding road that needed passing places in case of 2 cars meeting. Apart from that everything just continues as usual...

Food today:
Breakfast: fried eggs
Lunch: egg mayo
Dinner:  egg drop soup
Snacks: cheese

2 comments:

  1. That is excellent news - great!
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the eye is healing up. Sorry about the nasty drops, though :-)

    ReplyDelete