Tuesday, 30 June 2015

Bloody hell it's been hot today.

I went for a lunchtime walk but I felt guilty afterwards as I was back in the office today and I did get a bit sweaty. We probably walked a little fast for such a warm day, especially as I was wearing jeans rather than dressing for the weather.
I was feeling really down this morning - a combination of the never ending back ache, the (predictably) horrible morning weigh in, and just not being rich enough or thin enough. {Miraculously I didn't console myself with the box of 24 peanut butter kit kats one of my colleagues brought in and placed on a nearby desk in full view of me.  In fact I didn't eat any of them, or the biscuits someone else brought in... Honestly, the humble office is kind of a mine field some days)  Even though it was too hot, my walk did help cheer me up a bit and the afternoon was less miserable as a result. After work I tried to take another walk but it was just too hot to enjoy - it was about 31 degrees, and my preference is low to mid 20s... I nearly melted in the kitchen as I had foolishly planned a meal that included homemade oven chips for M on the hottest day of the year so far...
M and I were a pair of old crocks this evening. He had a sore and stiff neck and I of course was still feeling sorry for myself re the back...

Food today:
Breakfast: scrambled eggs
Lunch: homemade cream of broccoli soup
Dinner: Low carb Korean bbq chicken with grilled broccoli and green beans (plus one glass of red wine)
Snacks: hard boiled egg, homemade lamb sausage

2 comments:

  1. It was a very hot day wasn't it? I gether today is supposed to be even hotter so take care and maybe stay out of the sun?
    Sorry the back is still so painful.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps walking upright was not such a good idea as our back are really not designed for it. I have been through the back thing and so have lots of empathy I have learned now the minute my back complains I abandon what I am doing and touch wood I have not had a really bad recurrence.

    ReplyDelete