Monday, 16 March 2015

Pills and the plague

Tingling fingertips - and feet - check. Extreme fatigue check. That one could be another side effect of the pills I'm taking (it's listed among the side effects in the packaging) or it could be because I have developed a cold and have been sneezing, sniffling, and aching all over all day.  Yes, I'm pretty sure I am a joy to work with / live with, thanks.
The tingling thing I made light of on Friday but I have to say it's really damned annoying. It started on Saturday morning and by yesterday evening I'd nearly shaken, rubbed and scratched my hands off - not to mention pressing them against first cold surfaces, then hot ones.  None of that helps, it just comes and goes as it pleases. It seemed a bit better today, so I'll give it another day but if I have a day like Sunday I'll be halving the dose or stopping it altogether.
Enough moaning anyway, quick weekend catch up.  Saturday I went for a walk in a local nature reserve. There's a trail in there that apparently stretches for 23 miles - I didn't cover a tenth of that. It was a tad bleak due to the season, but I plan to go back later in the year to walk further.  Saturday afternoon we watched How To Train Your Dragon 2 - I want a dragon of my own now please!
Sunday I stayed in bed late - awake, just tired - then lay on the sofa for a bit, then lay on the bed for a bit longer. I didn't want to go for a walk, or cook, or eat anything more challenging than peanut butter off a spoon (but I did make myself eat some real food) I can't remember the last time I moved so little, I'm sure that even the day after my eye operation I moved around the house more than that!
Today I did go into work, and was actually quite busy - which was a good distraction I suppose, although I was really glad to get home and get into my dressing gown afterwards. There was no lunchtime or after work walk and I don't even feel sad about that thanks to the whole aching all over thing. I even slightly lost my appetite - I made myself eat for fuel but didn't fancy it or enjoy it much at all.

Food today:
Breakfast: overnight almond pancakes cooked at the weekend, buttered and spread with pate
Lunch: homemade soup
Dinner: Paleo /keto Meatloaf with cheesy creamed spinach
Snacks: pork rinds

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried Amazon for the dragon? They seem to sell just about everything else. :-)
    Sending hopes that the tingling fades and doesn't return.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I am with Joy on this one. Dante has his male accoutrements on order but they haven't arrived yet he is still left with his embarrassingly small puppy set.
    Lets hope whatever is ailing you passes off soon and you get back to your normal self ASAP

    ReplyDelete