Thursday, 29 January 2015

as I said... Today was a better day

My little diet meltdown yesterday has me considering my options regarding the antidepressants I'm taking. I was already considering weaning myself off them following our house move (I thought it would be a bad idea to do it before then given my well established stressed /depressed reaction to moving house) as I don't want to spend years on them again. But if I can feel so low while taking them - and be driven to binge as self-medication while taking them - maybe I should bring that forward so I'm not taking ineffective chemicals with side effects any longer than necessary. I can buy a lot of chocolate and cake for the price of a prescription after all. I'm not going to leap into a knee jerk reaction, I don't know if I would have been suicidal rather than bingeicidal without the pills, and obviously I will have to come off them gradually rather than cold turkey if that's my decision, but I'm kind of in favour at the moment.
I was right about today being better! I didn't even eat all the food I'd taken to work, and only snacked on fruit. I didn't get a proper walk because I had to go to the post office, which didn't bother me that much given how cold it was.
And on the subject of cold, I requested enough snow to provide an excuse to work from home...  I got a piddling little sleet shower as I drove home, and arrived to approximately 2 mm of snow on the back lawn. Pathetic...

Food today:
Breakfast: hard boiled egg salad made with homemade garlic mayo; fruit
Lunch: prawn mayo salad with salad veg
Dinner: chicken stuffed with philadelphia and sun dried tomatoes and sweet potato fries. Oh, and sauerkraut.
Snacks: fruit

2 comments:

  1. Utterly pathetic, I agree. Ditto here at the moment.
    Take care
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a thought - is it worth speaking to GP and seeing if there might be a more effective alternative pills? The alternative to 'bingeicidal' didn't sound like something worth the risk, and you are in the midst of upheaval with the move.
    Do whatever it takes to look after yourself for now and worry about the rest when life's calmed down.

    ReplyDelete