Tuesday, 21 January 2014

Floating

I slept reasonably well last night, but was horrified when the alarm went off and felt quite groggy - I had some wine and a Nytol before bed to guarantee sleeping, and it worked! But it was hard getting out of bed and I had to come back in 3 times after leaving the room through forgetting one thing after another. As a result I had lots of coffee - more than usual by far - and felt like my head was floating somewhere near the ceiling most of the day. I was fairly busy at work, which was lucky as I didn't have time to embarrass myself snoozing at my desk!
When I got back to the hotel I was torn between going to Tesco for some finger food or going to the hotel pub for something. In the end the pub won because it's been such a horribly cold day here that cold meat seemed really unappealing. As I was trying to make up my mind there was a knock on the door - a maintenance man come to change a bulb in the room. It should have taken 2 minutes but when he went to take out the old bulb there was a loud bang, a spark, total darkness & a smell of burning... So it took closer to 45 minutes and involved a new light fitting being fetched and installed, by which time it was late enough to go straight to the pub for tea. I picked a very spicy dish but as do often is the case it really wasn't spicy (I hoped it would blow my head off a bit!) Ah well, still it was tasty.

Food today:
Breakfast: eggs scrambled with red pepper, leek &  mushroom
Lunch: homemade soup from Well Fed 2 - Silky Gingered Zucchini Soup. Very tasty! And some Greek yogurt
Dinner: chicken wings & coleslaw
Snacks: cashews and a few pork scratchings

1 comment:

  1. YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN

    Jesus said you must be born again to enter the kingdom of God. What did He mean by that statement?

    John 3:1-3......3 Jesus answered and said to him, "Most assuredly , I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."(NKJV)

    Jesus did not tell Nicodemus that he had to be born the first time in order to enter the kingdom of God. He said you must be born again!

    Jesus did not tell Nicodemus that he had to exist in order to enter the kingdom of God. Every person alive, exists, how could that be a requirement to enter the kingdom of God? Jesus said he had to be born again.

    Being born of water (amniotic fluid) by natural birth is being born the first time, it is not being born again.

    John 3:5 Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. (NKJV)

    Jesus said you must born of water and the Spirit to enter the kingdom of God. Remember in John 3:3 Jesus said "You must be born again." Water can mean nothing but water baptism (immersion). Water and the Spirit are both qualifications in order to be born again.

    John 3:5 Jesus answered: I tell you for certain that before you can get into God's kingdom, you must be born not only by water, but by the Spirit. (Contemporary English Version)

    John 3:5 Jesus answered: Amen, amen I say to thee, unless a man be born again of water and the Holy Ghost, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition)

    John 3:5 Jesus said, 'I tell you the truth. This new birth is by water and by the Spirit. No person can enter God's kingdom if he has not been born that way. (Worldwide English New Testament)

    WATER BAPTISM IS A REQUIREMENT TO BE BORN AGAIN.

    (SEE: Acts 2:38, WATER BAPTISM AND THE GIFT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT....YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN! )


    YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY BLOG.http://steve-finnell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete