Saturday, 4 January 2014

Cluck cluck cluck

Me = chicken.

This morning I looked at the scales and was too wimpy to stand on them. I know I feel heavy and my clothes appear to have shrunk in the wash over Christmas – all of them or at least all the ones that have waist bands.

So the massive cliché of having a New Year’s Resolution… one I actually intend to stick to though – so that’s a bit novel. I WILL LOST WEIGHT. AND EAT LOW CARB. AND TRAIN.

So there.

I’m doing better with the food now that New Year is out of the way. I admit that we’ve been going down the ‘use it up before being good’ train rather than the ‘get rid of it because its bad for you’ train but I bought so little that even including the gifts we got in the chocolate line there wasn’t a lot of scope for evil there. The booze bought in for people visiting has been another matter but now I’m sick of it and how it makes me feel so that’s stopping too. I hope that the high carb nature of my eating over Christmas caused some water retention and bloating that will disappear fairly quickly not that I’m not doing that any more (hello scrambled eggs for breakfast… every day) but we’ll have to see. I plan to weigh myself on Sunday as the official start point so if I don’t post for the next month you’ll know exactly has well that went…

I’m also reading more motivational books and watching the plethora of diet shows that appear on TV this time of year  to help get myself started. I’m currently reading The Calorie Myth by Jonathan Bailor – only just started it so its too soon to comment. (Diane I haven’t watched the show you mentioned in your comment yet but I did record it and plan to watch to today along with any others I can find.)

I also want to be a lot more consistent with filling in my food diary on MyFitnessPal.com and keeping this blog updated. So much as I don’t want to and would rather hide it when I weigh on Sunday…. I’m going to fess up and tell you what the bastard scales say…

2 comments:

  1. You're very brave and I admire you hugely. I'l also trying to tackle the old weight excess and I'm posting menus but I won't be weighing or announcing weight. Good luck to us both, eh?
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't have to post your weight on here you know - you don't owe us anything (!) and I know it's rich coming from me, but shaming yourself by posting a number you don't like isn't going to help you in the long run. Negative emotions just reinforce negative behaviours around food (I should know about that one!)

    That said, I've been watching all of the diet/fitness programmes too...particularly that whole 'Supersize Evening' Channel 5 had on. I never watch repeats of anything, but if it's to do with dieting I'll watch the shows forever and my attention never wanders. They scare the crap out of me because I just know that at some point I'm going to end up like the morbidly obese people though :(

    xxx

    ReplyDelete