Tuesday, 24 September 2013

Whole30 day 23

I worked from home today, which as we all know brings its own set of challenges in terms of not going crazy with the food stuff…

I have only a week to go before the end of the Whole30 challenge (unless I was to decide to extend it – but Greek yoghurt is telling me not to Winking smileAnd cheese agrees.)

In the book the authors make the comment that ‘its only 30 days’ to which I have frequently wanted to respond, “yeah but… it’s 30 days!!!” with no cheating. No breaks. No relaxations… But today, it actually does feel like it’s only 30 days… and now only 7 days… what could possibly be so difficult about that??? It’s kind of a nice feeling if I’m honest. Regardless of the above comments about my favourite dairy products I’m actually not feeling at all deprived right now. It probably won’t last all week, but for now it will do nicely. That’s not to claim I was angelic today, I wasn’t – but everything I ate & drank was on the list of acceptable or desirable foods.

I walked about 3.2 miles today, just on brief shopping trips into town at lunchtime and after work. This morning I walked in in heavy fog, this afternoon in brilliant (and hot) sunshine! I enjoyed the second walk more, I don’t like fog under any circumstances and was especially glad I didn’t have to drive to work in it today.

Food today:

Breakfast: Was gorgeous, though going in I had my doubts… Russian red kale sautéed with garlic and one finely chopped rasher of bacon; I used refined coconut oil to sauté it because I’ve finally accepted the smell and flavour of the extra virgin kind is just too strong for my taste (I tried to like it, I really did…) and added a drizzle of water and a spot of cider vinegar to part steam it in as well. I then topped it with 2 poached eggs.
Lunch: chicken salad with homemade ranch dressing (I’ve never had real ranch dressing so can’t comment on how good at faking it this one is or isn’t, but it is nice) and some blackberries
Dinner: Rump steak pan fried with jicama fries (cooked this time) and salad dressed with the vinaigrette I made at the weekend.
Snack: Boiled gammon from a joint, cashew nuts and coconut flakes and some poached chicken

Technorati Tags:

No comments:

Post a Comment