Wednesday, 8 May 2013

It's raining....


...off and on anyway...
I guess Spring & Summer are over now and we've gone straight into Autumn... Bloody British weather...

On a more cheerful note I managed to do 20 pushups and a plank last night (I was going to claim it was a 60 second plank before I remembered that actually I just counted to 60 and probably the counting sped up as the plank continued...)

This morning I decided to skip breakfast as a first experiment with low carb intermittent fasting... By 9:18 (precisely!) I was so bored that I was seriously considering giving up on that just for something to break the tedium (what can I say, that's software testing for you!) I decided to resist for as long as possible... struggling all the way... drinking gallons of coffee, water and black herbal tea... 

Fasting at work offers less temptation since I don't have a kitchen full of food at my disposal but my god its hard not to obsess about food when your brain is screaming in agony at the total and utter BOREDOM being inflicted on it... I did allow a mug of bovril around 10:30 and that seemed to help more than the calories in it would suggest it should. Then I had half my lunch early because I had some shopping to do at lunchtime & didn't want to shop hungry. I didn't eat any solid food until 11:30 though, and as its the first time I've done anything like fasting since going low carb I'm quite pleased... Boredom was definitely more of a challenge than hunger, so I'll be trying that again.

 I walked two miles at lunchtime and one this evening - a round trip to the Indian restaurant in town, where I avoided poppadoms (sob!) and ate a starter of minced spiced lamb stuffed in an omelette followed by tandoori lamb chops with cauliflower bhaji. 
Followed by a complementary Tia Maria shot (they always offer and I always end up feeling it would be rude not to...). During the meal I just drank sparkling water so I could've done worse, though I don't know how many carbs were in the cauliflower bhaji. Or might have been mixed in with the mince in the starter.
The meal was slightly spoiled by M discussing at length the fact that he wants to move back to Wales... I love being in England again, and really don't want to, but he made some valid points that I'm struggling to come up with arguments against.  Not the least of which being how much better the house prices are over the Severn...
Don't wanna is not my most compelling argument of all time... 
Will you still read me if I end up back in the land of feral sheep and leeks???

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chrissie, look on the bright side. Those feral sheep taste pretty good and they're low-carb too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete