Tuesday, 2 April 2013

Back to reality

The long weekend is over already, how sad is that?
As you would expect now that we're back in work the sun is shining... Still freezing though, it took five minutes to clear the windscreen of my car so I could drive in to the office this morning.
I only fitted in 2 walks at the weekend due to house hunting and housework - 5 miles on Saturday and 6 miles on Sunday. The good part of that was that it was sunny for most of the Sunday walk; on Saturday it was cloudy, cold and we even had a few flakes of bloody snow Ffs!
On the cooking front I got off to a slow start, defrosting stuff and then stashing it in the fridge because I didn't feel like doing anything with it. I did make a curry and an oxtail stew in the interest of having some more interesting food in the freezer, and I cooked low carb liver & onions with balsamic vinegar for lunch yesterday. I didn't hate it - and I expected to - but didn't love it either so it will be a while before I do that again and its never going to become a dietary staple in my repertoire. I also defrosted some chicken livers to make pate, but couldn't be bothered, mainly because I didn't have enough butter in the house. I tried a recipe for chopped liver I found online instead, but can't claim I felt much motivation to do it beyond not wasting the chicken livers. It's chilling now so I don't yet know if its any good. On the plus side, several of the drawers in my freezer now have enough space to fit my hand in, which is a step in the right direction! I don't have the space to freeze large containers of soup or leftovers though, so I'm not done yet - and more to the point, I'm stuck eating the same soup all week because I made a ton!
I'm glad to report that the small amount of chocolate and larger amount of wine I had on Sunday did not lead to me going back for more, I have gone straight back into low carb living, and didn't feel any real temptation either.... Me likey!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment