Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Back to Normal....

God bless OTC preparations...
They worked and I'm back in the office. I'm not sure that's ALL good, but at least some of it is.
Now I'm back to trying to work out why I'm losing weight so slowly. Could it be because I keep snacking big time? I never really believed that I could eat whatever I liked - so long as it was low carb - and still lose weight, but its an appealing idea (duh!) and I've been doing it anyway. Now its definitely time to take off the brakes and put my foot on the gas...
So, from today (because I already didn't do this today) no more snacking even if I have to increase the size of my meals to start with. I'm also specifically cutting out cheese unless its part of a meal and measured accordingly, as I've been eating it fairly mindlessly lately (I've been buying it by the enormous brick - in BOGOF deals - and then going a bit crazy with it. I've now frozen the last big block, ready grated, so that I can't do that again without buying more, but its still available for making no carb cheese sauce, sprinkling onto fajitas and giving M cheese on toast) Also no more whisky to help me sleep. And that should all help, but if not - possibly the reintroduction of alternate day fasting, or some other form of intermittent fasting, though that can wait until I've given the stage 1 tweaking a week or so to take effect. I know I said all this a couple of weeks ago (or was it last week? Recently anyway) and didn't bother because I was too busy obsessing over what I would do at the weekend in London, but now that more time has passed without a sudden increase in weight loss (in fact I'm not yet back to where I was before the weekend) I'm now feeling properly motivated and undistracted... sadly that didn't kick in until after we went out for a Mexican meal this evening (sauteed prawns, chicken & beef fajitas (minus the tortillas) and strawberries with cream - though I think they were sweetened, which I did not expect), but now its here and I hope it lasts...
I walked about 3.5 miles today btw. After work I went for a walk and discovered a new trail that I explored a bit in preparation for a proper walk, hopefully this weekend (its quite a muddy trail so if we have a lot more rain I'll leave it for now); then we walked into town for dinner. At least I got some exercise... 
Stay Healthy,
Chrissie

No comments:

Post a Comment