Friday, 15 March 2013

Urk

Last night was not good... I'm not sleeping well anyway (I know, I know, you've heard it all before) but for dinner yesterday I had a not excessive portion of cabbage and last night I was really uncomfortable, feeling windy and bloated and stomach achey. I had no idea my tolerance for fibre could fall so far so fast! I had the cabbage with a tiny quantity of cauliflower and some beef brisket (which was fantastic) and made up a cream sauce instead of gravy and it all tasted good at the time, but the aftereffects may have put me off cabbage for life... This morning the pain was gone but the bloated feelings were still there, and it made it very clear how much I haven't missed feeling bloated since cutting back on the carbs. I suppose that's not a bad reminder at day 14... 2 weeks without sugar, I can hardly believe it! And I haven't had any diet soda since Monday... which totally stuns me.
Anyway, with a typically measured, considered, understated reaction to last night I decided to go really low carb today. I had full fat Greek yoghurt sprinkled with strawberries, almonds, walnuts and a little hazelnut butter for breakfast, and for lunch I had a chicken breast, 2 hard boiled eggs and some cheddar. Followed by a massive chunk of cheese. a few tomatoes & nuts and a couple of celery sticks for dinner. Everything in moderation, as they say...

No comments:

Post a Comment