Tuesday, 19 March 2013

Sigh

Yesterday was not overall a good day for me. I couldn't seem to stop being hungry and though it didn't trigger a binge (probably because I didn't touch the carbs) but I did end up eating what felt like half a pound of plain roasted nuts and full fat goats milk yoghurt at 10 pm (I usually don't eat after dinner at 6 pm) just so I could get to sleep. On the plus side I didn't sleep badly after that, but its not a habit I want to get into. Also good, I wasn't as hungry at breakfast time today and made do with a couple of hard boiled eggs and a little cold meat. And felt kind of stuffed after that, for most of the morning.
Less good, I'm still very very tired most of the time. I haven't trained at all since starting this new approach, or even walked much, and don't really feel like doing so. I know that Briffa says it can take up to 3 weeks to fully shift from burning carbs to burning fat and I'm now into week 3 so I'm hoping that's why, and like magic my energy levels will increase by the end of the week. Fingers crossed that is the case...

1 comment:

  1. Just a thought, but are you getting enough salt? See http://jonnybowdenblog.com/salt-and-the-low-carb-diet/ for more information. It might help you.

    ReplyDelete