Monday, 11 February 2013

Thank God it's Monday...

Nah, can't pull that off... Not when in reality I wish I'd been snowed in. I decided against proper training in favour of resting my back at the weekend and it then rained pretty much nonstop for the entire 2 days. On Saturday I walked into town for a little shopping, the rest of the weekend I never went further than the end of the road to put out the bin & recycling yesterday evening - one of my least favourite jobs even without the freezing cold rain. Until then I'd been dismissing the forecast of snow because I thought it was too warm, but it wasn't - we had some overnight, but because everything is so wet it only settled on grass, bushes, cars etc - nothing that could give me a day off.
As I knew I wasn't training and I couldn't face walking in the weather I fasted yesterday - it went quite well apart from adding to the boredom of the day, as I often use food prep and eating as entertainment when I'm bored. I swear yesterday lasted at least 76 hours, very possibly more... A bit like reading this thrilling instalment of My Life, no doubt...
I have to confess today I fell of the junk food wagon with a crash. Crisps AND chocolate. Strictly speaking that's not 'breaking the diet' since the essence of alternate day fasting is to eat what you want on non-fasting days so you don't feel deprived, and it will certainly boost the calories to the sort of levels I mentioned last week, but I don't want it to become a habit so I'll try not to repeat that on Wednesday. They were good though, especially the crisps...
It snowed most of the morning here. It was still too wet for any of it to stick but it looked very wintry and I was cold even in the office. On days like this I wish I could get a testing job in the Caribbean... Or anywhere that doesn't really get snow, I'm not fussy... The Sahara would work, it doesn't rain there either does it? Anyone got a job for me? Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment