Tuesday, 29 January 2013

Look at me posting twice in 2 weeks!

There was a time I sometimes posted twice in one day... I know, I can hardly believe it either!
So anyway, last week sucked diet wise as my sabotaging OH persuaded me to eat out twice. He did mention a third suggestion but by then I'd finally remembered what I'm supposed to aiming for and shut him down. Regretfully, because my diet menus are not as good as the menus offered by our local restaurants, however hard I try to pretend otherwise.
On Saturday I went for the longest walk I've done since last September - 11 miles. Basically I decided to walk to work, through the centre of Reading, then catch the train home. This proved a bad idea because
a) I wore the wrong boots - the ones that aren't 100% broken in - and
b) I should have taken the train to the other end and then walked home instead (live and learn - next time I'll know better!

So 7 miles in I'm starting to get blisters. That didn't stop me, but it did slow me down and take the shine of accomplishment off the last 4 miles. 4. Miles. With blisters on top of blisters. I wasn't really limping simply because you can't limp properly with both legs at once. I wasn't screaming either, but really only because I didn't want to terrify any passerbys. So I reached the town I'd been aiming for all that way, and I admit I wondered why I'd bothered given that I'm there every day anyway, hobbled into a chemist's for some plasters, then hobbled on to the station. The next train wasn't due for 25 minutes but I was sitting down so I didn't care. And then the next train wasn't coming for an extra 5 minutes, then it was 'delayed' - no eta given - and then it was cancelled. Along with the next train, and the one after that. There'd been an 'incident' at a station further up the line, and maybe I'm horribly self-involved (maybe? Have you read my blog before?) but I couldn't feel much sympathy as I then had to hobble back into town, catch a bus, then pick up my train journey further along. With my blisters. And the blisters on my blisters. And... Well, you probably get my point.
The rest of the weekend was spent lying on the sofa, limping around with gritted teeth, stabbing blisters with scissors to relieve the pressure and generally making much ado about nothing. Though I can't help wondering the blisters would have been less painful if I weighed less.

Since then I haven't trained due to the one massive open blister on my toe-next-to-the-little-toe of my left foot. My eating has been erratic and unhealthy a fair bit of the time but not actually way in excess of calories, which I am moderately pleased about, though still determined that I need to choose the foods better. And start training of course.

ETA I know I called my husband a saboteur - but I'm well aware really that he only made a suggestion, he didn't tie me down and fix up a Thai food iv straight into my stomach... I need to work on my priorities - and let him do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment