Monday, 1 October 2012

For Jess

a few weeks ago Jess asked how I made kefir and I forgot to answer - not that it's a very exciting answer I'm afraid. All I did was buy some kefir starter at amazon.co.uk and add a sachet to a litre of almond milk, which then sat on the work surface for 36 hours till it separated out and set slightly. It tasted great but wasn't really vegan as the starter was made from milk kefir. Apparently it is possible to get water based kefir grains or start with a commercial kefir drink and add more liquid (though that way produces a milder version) but I haven't tried either method. Now I finally remembered about this though I'll have to make some more, there were 6 sachets in the pack of starters I bought. Hope you try it & like it Jess!



Stay Healthy Chrissie

1 comment:

  1. Hey, thanks for this! I'll have to see if I can find some vegan kefir starters - it would be brilliant if I could make my own :D

    ReplyDelete