Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Ouch

Yesterday (and today so far) I suffered the consequences of only doing lots of short wussy walks for weeks before the half marathon one – my legs ached liked hell and my hips felt like they belonged to a 65 yr old woman  on the waiting list for a double hip replacement op…

Steve & I took the train into Marlow in the morning.

IMAG0061IMAG0062IMAG0063IMAG0064IMAG0065

If he hadn’t been here I probably would’ve just stayed home to rest, but I don’t like to waste that much time when he visits and the walk had already disrupted Sunday a lot, so I went for it. I haven’t been to Marlow for months, and I do really like it, but we weren’t there to do anything special so we just wandered through town (me getting slower and slower as my legs, bum & hips started complaining more loudly) for a few hours and then went for lunch to a little Italian restaurant called Villa d’Este. I hadn’t tried it before, but have wanted to for a while – the problem is, Marlow has so many great places to eat its hard to get to them all! Lovely 2 course lunch was consumed before we headed back to the train, at which point of course it started raining quite hard…

Food yesterday:

Breakfast: Blueberry Blast shake from the raw diet

P1160192

Snack: Frusli bar from my Charity walk goodie bag

Lunch: Warm goat’s cheese salad (best goat’s cheese I’ve ever had)

IMAG0067

And grilled sea bass with king prawns, plus a selection of veggies to share

IMAG0068IMAG0069

Snack: Ginger & Lime dark chocolate

Dinner: Nada

Weight: 155.4lbs

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment