Sunday, 15 July 2012

Not a good start

Yesterday we went to Reading for some house shopping then had lunch out. I had a lovely, relatively light and healthy (though 3 course) lunch…. and some booze with it. By the time we caught the train home I was a little under the influence because I’m a complete lightweight… so I bought a HUGE bar of Cadbury’s Caramel (technically a sharing bar!) and a (small) bag of Thorntons and ate the lot… Spent the rest of the day feeling sick from over-indulgence and cursing myself A LOT. At least I feel no desire to do that ever again!

As I lay on the sofa in a foetal position groaning softly I had a small conversation with M. He said, and I quote, “The time I feel best – happiest, healthiest, most alert, and strongest, is when I don’t drink and I do train.” Yeah. I seem to remember that back when I was a proper blogger I used to say the same thing, but with the house move both those things have gone by the board just like the eating right bit. Maybe I should design a massive poster with that as a slogan to remind myself that there are better ways to deal with stress than chocolate in massive quantities…

Thai seafood salad

P1150870

Spiced sea bass with green veg and minted yoghurtP1150871

Apple jelly trifle, caramel cream custard, frozen apple snow, calvados cream

P1150872

Weight: 11st 7.1lbs (161.1lbs)

Technorati Tags:

1 comment:

  1. Welp, there's no time like the present to get back on that wagon!

    No point on dwelling on any stuff you have done In the past. But. Only you can make the steps towards feeling your best, healthiest, happiest & most alert - it is YOUR CHOICE and you CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN!

    Good luck:)
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete