Monday, 16 April 2012

Strong

I may be fatter than I want, but I’m also stronger than I deserve…

This morning I managed 4 chin ups after not doing anything resistance-y or strength related (unless you count my walks with heavy rucksacks) for months. It does feel good when I do that, and the only reason I don’t do it more often is that I literally forget / don’t think about it most of the time – even when walking past the HotGym on my way to do something less hard. That was followed by 4 minutes Tabata-style running/jogging/walking (as I got tired) in a local park, then 40 minutes on the Versaclimber, then 2 chin ups, then another 4 pull ups, then another 3 chin ups, then a mile walk, then another 8 mile walk – my brother is visiting for a few days.

IMAG0029IMAG0030IMAG0031

I don’t think I’ve ever been been so active so early in the day, and although my arms felt very tired by about 11am, the rest of me still felt the urge to do more… however, we didn’t think to take a drink with us when we headed out and the end of the walk was a little spoiled because we were both gasping for a drink and therefore had to take the quickest way back (along the road instead of over the fields)

Food today:

Breakfast: Mixed grain porridge with whey and a splash of vanilla soy milk

P1130882

Lunch: Big salad with ‘pizza’ flavoured tofu

P1130884

Dinner: Chicken & prawn fried rice

… which I forgot to photograph

Snacks: Greek yoghurt with melon & summer berries;

P1130883

Apple & babybel cheese

Weight: 158 again Sad smile

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment