Sunday, 22 April 2012

Didn’t weigh in today

It’s M’s birthday mid-week so his parents came up to visit us and we went out for lunch yesterday. I failed miserably at restraining myself food-wise (in fact I fell into my usual ‘not dieting later so I may as well binge now’ mind set), so I decided not to weigh myself this morning. I did however get quite a bit of exercise yesterday – I walked from Marlow to Henley with my FIL after lunch, which was fantastic apart from a torrential rain shower (with some hail) about a mile out from the train station, which meant we both had soaking wet legs for the train ride home and the walk from the station. It was basically a 10 mile walk in total, plus we’d spent a while walking around Marlow before lunch. Everyone was too full for a meal in the evening, and I was actually first to bed, not just because of the long walk but also because of a poor night’s sleep on Friday night.

It was a great weekend, but I am pretty sure its genuinely set me back diet-wise so I’ll have to work harder from now on.

As I didn’t photograph most of the weekend’s food (and the pictures I did take are garbage), here are a few photos from my walk yesterday

P1130948P1130949P1130951P1130952P1130955P1130956P1130958P1130962P1130966P1130968P1130969P1130970

Food Saturday: Too much chocolate & wasabi peas. Bob’s Red mill gluten free hot cereal for breakfast with mixed dried fruit and whey.

Lunch: Starter: Smoked haddock & parmesan omelette (I would rise up from my deathbed for this dish)

Main course: Whole Lemon Sole with Fine Herb, Smoked Puy Lentils, Bacon, Pistachio and Swiss Chard.

P1130944

Dessert: (oh yes, I had dessert!!!) Tonka Bean Panna Cotta, with Poached Rhubarb, Ginger Wine Jelly and Rhubarb Sorbet

P1130945

Dinner: Slice of (delicious) Classic carrot cake baked by me from a recipe in my Gluten free Almond flour cookbook (by Elana Amsterdam) – I gave the rest of the cake to M’s parents to take home.

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments:

Post a Comment