Wednesday, 4 April 2012

6 week plan

In 6 weeks I have a holiday booked. I’m about 14 lbs heavier than I want to be when I go on holiday – for the slightly negative reason that I know I’ll be gaining weight on holiday, and want to start gaining from a much much lower point to control / reduce the point I reach by the end of the holiday. To put it another way, I’d like to lighter AFTER the holiday than I am right now.

I’ve been waffling around for months now about losing the extra weight, having a few good days followed by a few bad days, always ending up maintaining instead of losing.

I want to get back to the old me now, and one of the things the old me did was blog every day, with (not very interesting / good) photos of the food and my weight. I don’t know if I have it in me to do that any more, but today I’m going to try and see if I can get back into the habit. Got to start somewhere, right?

Lately I’ve been doing a lot of walking but no more intensive exercise. Clearly, that’s not enough to get me where I’m going. So back to the gym for me. I no longer have access to the elliptical walker, but instead have the use of a Versaclimber, so that will be my new go-to machine. Up to now I’ve managed a maximum of 1 workout a week on it, clearly that’s going to have to change…

In the meantime though, some photos from these walks:

P1130600P1130605P1130609P1130614P1130617P1130618P1130629P1130631P1130632P1130640P1130674

Bottom line: I know if you’ve ever been here before you’re probably thinking “yeah, yeah, heard it all before”, and you’d be right. But then I said I was going on a diet roughly 900 times in my life before finally losing the weight, and the 901st time I meant it, did it and earned the t-shirt. I don’t know if this time is the magic time, but I do know that my holiday is coming whether I lose, gain or maintain; I will enjoy it whether I weigh 157, 147 or 200 lbs; but I’ll enjoy it more if I’m comfortable in my body and fit enough to train and keep active – so that’s what I’m going to aim for!

In the spirit of the above statement I did use the versaclimber for 40 mins this morning. It said I climbed about 3500ft in the time, and I did become a sweaty beast in the process Winking smile. I also walked about 3 easy, level, pavement miles.

Food today:

Breakfast: Multigrain GF porridge topped with sultanas, peaches and chia seeds

P1130692

Lunch: Crockpot cream of mushroom soup with crumbled GF turkey meatloaf added plus some spinach for colour and interest (forgot to get a picture as I’m out of the habit – next time!)

Dinner: Homemade chicken fried rice

P1130707

Snacks: Greek yoghurt with defrosted summer berries;

P1130698

an apple and a mini babybel cheese

P1130699

Weight:  11st 3.5lbs (157.5)

No comments:

Post a Comment