Sunday, 27 November 2011

Nearly ready

To get back to real life now.

We’ve moved

For the last 2 weeks we have literally eaten out every. single. day. And we are today as well. But tomorrow I plan to get back into my kitchen, which I have really been missing, back on the scales – not missed them so much! And back to exercising and living my version of normal life.

Moving has been a great decision in many ways. M is home every night where before he worked away during the week. I can explore new areas, new towns, and soon I’ll be doing new epic walks. But. There’s something to be said for living in a rural area without many options for eating out, if you don’t want to be the size of a house by the end of the week. There are so many incredible places to eat here, and several really good ones are actually a (short) walk away – help me!!!

So, every meal out for the past two weeks has been at least 3 courses (sometimes with amuse bouche as well). When we’ve gone out for lunch I generally don’t have the ability to eat again that day, but when I’ve had to wait till dinner time because M was at work its been on top of a day’s worth of other food as well. Hmm.

I haven’t been photographing my food much, though I plan to start again. I won’t bother trying to fill in the gaps of what I’ve eaten and where I’ve been, but will probably try to touch on some of the high points as I go along.

For now, just a low point. When eating out this much you won’t necessarily be surprised to read that gluten played a part. I thought I wasn’t doing too badly with it – I had diarrhoea a few times, but that could also be done to vast quantities of sugar & fat, plus the sheer volume of food I’ve inflicted on my body – but a couple of days ago we went to a local Italian restaurant and I ordered a pizza. I then spent the rest of the day on the sofa waiting for my bloated stomach (I actually felt like the skin was stretching!) to explode killing all in the vicinity. So that won’t be happening again, and that’s a shame as it was delicious.

Still, if you’ve not abandoned me altogether, watch this space – I’ll be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment