Friday, 12 August 2011

I'm a slow learner...


I trained this morning - 40mins ellipticizing and 4 pull ups! I seriously considered not bothering but talked myself around and once again was reminded that it does help my energy levels - why do I only remember that when I'm already training??? Like I said - slow learner!

It was day 1 of the Bristol Balloon Festival today. I was hoping for some interesting 'novelty' balloons but they were mostly standard shapes. Still something magical about seeing dozens of balloons floating silently over the river though...

IMAG0076

Even with the above two positives to the start of the day, I still found myself feeling a bit down, pissy, snarly & edgy all morning. I don't know why, but at one point I found myself prowling through the canteen looking for something that would make me feel better, then finding a vending machine to continue the hunt... the weird/good thing was that for once I knew - body and brain - KNEW that nothing I saw there was going to make me feel better, so I didn't buy anything. The less good thing was that I didn't feel any better... at lunchtime I treated myself to a chocolate macaroon, which was absolutely wonderful! But didn't really take the edge of my mood. Of course you could argue that's a good thing - food is food, moods are moods, and its better not to treat one with the other, right?

Food today:
Breakfast: slow cooker rice pudding with defrosted summer berries & Greek yoghurt

Lunch: salad with sweetcorn, tofu and a gf roll with LC

Dinner: split pea & chorizo soup with a gf roll & a couple of gf crackers. And a small slice of absolutely not gf pizza stolen from my dearly beloved M… Winking smile

P1100950

Snacks: Greek yoghurt with honey & 2 plums

Weight: 145.5 lbs

1 comment:

  1. "food is food, moods are moods, and its better not to treat one with the other"

    OMG I love that!!!!

    And at least when you ate the macaroon you recognised that it was wonderful. It takes so much effort to tune into the moment/taste/flavor when you're eating something that you're normally designating as "eeeeevil" in your head so good on you for doing that.

    I've just realised I have no idea what a macaroon even is...:-/

    ReplyDelete