Monday, 11 July 2011

Catch up on an active Sunday

I wanted to train as soon as I got up Sunday, but wasn't motivated enough when it came to it. Of course one of the best things about weekends is being able to be flexible, and I took advantage of that by hopping onto the elliptical at about 10am, by which time I was motivated to increase the resistance for my intervals program and push myself in terms of the speed as well.
Once I finished that (very red & sweaty) I jumped straight into the shower, dressed & headed out to walk into town. That might have been more enjoyable if I'd paused long enough for a snack - I wasn't quite as brisk as usual and needed a Waitrose smoothie & a Nak'd bar to find the energy to walk back home. I then decided to eat a bit more than usual - still within maintenance calories (did I mention I'm in maintenance mode now?) for recovery.

Food Sunday:
Breakfast: porridge with whey & berries

P1100858

Lunch: salad with grilled halloumi & a flaxseed bread ham sandwich

P1100859

P1100860

Dinner: home-made tofu vege-burger with roasted vegetables. I tried coating the courgette with coconut flakes, but they mostly fell off

P1100861

Snacks: lots of dried fruit including the nak’d bar; Greek yoghurt with fruit puree and some peanut butter.

Today I didn't train before work but did take a walk up to Clifton village at lunchtime, to one of my favourite delis. I bought something naughty for my lunchtime dessert... it was delicious! I also walked into town this evening but managed not to misbehave… it was really hot, very sticky and not entirely pleasant

Food today :
Breakfast: gf overnight oats with Goji berries, blueberries, strawberries and raspberries, served with soy milk

Lunch: bought tuna nicoise salad with a left over tofu burger.
Followed by a slice of banana & cinnamon polenta cake

IMAG0069

& a small carton of coconut water with pineapple.
Dinner: beef Bolognese sauce on courgette pasta with a salad

P1100862

Snacks: pot of edamame and some fruit, fresh and dried

Weight: 145lbs

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, do you have a recipe for that tofu burger? It looks delicious, and not mushy or crumbly as some veggie burgers can be.

    I would have been all over that polenta slice. It's actually not really a 'naughty' choice considering some of the treats out there!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete