Thursday, 9 June 2011

Day 6

Today I didn't train. I have developed a UTI (which only really happens when I'm run down) so I decided to treat that as my body upping the stakes a little given my refusal to listen when it whined about being tired. I was quite surprised as I came into work that my legs felt as tired & heavy climbing the stairs today as they do after an intense interval session, I guess that means it was the right decision.
I struggled through the morning with no coffee (apart from a cup before I left home - and before I read that I shouldn't drink it with a UTI) and no extra good except a small pack of melon despite wanting a sugar boost, and didn't do badly at lunchtime either (I did have a raspberry-red pepper smoothie & fruit yo yo but they fit within my calories) and had a pleasant if not very energetic walk to Waitrose.
Food today :
Breakfast: overnight oats, buckwheat, blueberries, one chopped dried apricot & mixed seeds with soya milk and a little cinnamon

Lunch: salad with 2 hard boiled eggs

Dinner: egg white scramble with grilled veg & Butternut squash chips (Deniz, literally all I do for these is peel & chop the squash, put it on a lined baking tray, season, spray with oil & bake - because I love the flavour of the squash. I can imagine it being good sprinkled with paprika or curry powder, maybe even cinnamon sugar, but I just always come back to the basics!)

P1100746

Snacks: Greek yoghurt with blueberries and tinned peach; protein water, a mini babybel and a little fruit, plus quite a bit of dried apple after I got home…. oops

Weight: 146.4lbs - I seem to be stuck here at the moment, but then I've also been constipated for a couple of days so STS seems like a victory. 4 more lbs to my high end happy weight, 6 to my true happy weight

1 comment:

  1. Mentioned your squash chips to lovely hubby and he figured them out, so we had them last night sprinkled with sage and a bit of red pesto and fell in ove with them. I think they may become a staple and I love the thought of cinnamon sugar on them

    Hope that UTI clears up soon - not nice. Take care.

    ReplyDelete