Thursday, 12 May 2011

Funk

I just couldn't train this morning, even though I got up at the normal time. Just. Couldn't.
Sorry to be do miserable about everything but I'm feeling in an unachieving funk today. I just keep telling myself 'this too shall pass' but so far I'm unconvinced... some-one lock me in a small gym and pass calorie-counted meals through a cat-flap in the door please....  I don't even feel like the same person who lost the weight (more like the one who hated looking in the mirror and was always 'on a diet' but never actually getting any slimmer) and I have a strong feeling of 'what's the point even trying' going on. Why can't I get my head back into a losing place? I guess I'm going to be one of those statistics about yo yo dieters after all... still fighting it, but it doesn’t / I don't seem worth the effort at the moment. Going for a walk at lunchtime cheered me up a bit, as did managing not to eat any gf home-made flapjack that was brought into the office by a colleague, but I still need some kind of mood boost... Speaking of mood boosts I actually have some chocolate in the fridge at work & didn't eat any of that either, I guess I should feel better about that too...
Food today :

Breakfast:  tropical protein smoothie topped with melted coconut butter - frozen summer fruits instead of strawberries / blackberries

P1100638

Lunch: salad with hardboiled eggs

Dinner: Spicy Thai chicken soup with added spinach & courgette noodles

P1100639

Snacks: Greek yoghurt with blueberries plus an energy bomb and some dried fruit

No weigh in this morning

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chrissie ... your dinner looks so good! You will get over the funk ... you went for a walk and didn't eat chocolate, pretty good effort for when your not feeling great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Echo every word Sammy says.

    Don't give yourself too hard a time. These crappy periods happen - I'm sort of in one too - but don't give up, just plug away with the little things and you'll be glad you did.

    ReplyDelete