Wednesday, 4 May 2011

Feeling a little better today...

Well, I managed to train this morning - not brilliantly, as I already seem to have undone any minor improvements I might have achieved in the resistance line. I downloaded a Tabata style timer app for my mobile a couple of days ago and used it to try to provide some structure and intensity (it seemed to help and will help more once I smooth out the transitions between working, resting & working again), and that was followed by a high intensity interval program on the elliptical.
At lunchtime I went for a walk to get a few groceries as it was such a pretty day - still quite cool and blowy though! I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm bordering on wanting some rain for a change though... having said that, I was all set to go for a walk after dinner but was driven in by the damp chill in the air, so I guess that I won't be happy when the rain does hit...

Has anyone reading tried smoking chicken at all? I have a BBQ with an attached smoker, and would like to test it on some boneless chicken breasts, but I'm not sure what to use to flavour them and moisten them. I keep reading about wet cures, dry cures, brining and so on and I don't know what can be used for chicken - every mention of dry / wet cures is linked to making bacon, and I'm not sure if that's because it isn't suitable for chicken or just because most people wanting to mess around with curing meat are trying for bacon / ham. Any help anyone?

Food today :

Breakfast: hard boiled eggs, low fat bacon, gf 'not rye' mini bread grills & goats cheese


Lunch: leafy salad topped with slow cooked chicken breast and defrosted frozen soya beans

Dinner: Pineapple pork with courgette noodles stir-fried with veg. Absolutely delicious, so tender and beautifull flavoured.... mmmmm



Snacks: Greek yoghurt with blueberries, fruit and a cashew cookie Nak'd bar


Stay Healthy...Chrissie

1 comment:

  1. hi i can not stop hear i want to take it.

    ReplyDelete