Thursday, 5 May 2011

Cardio morning today

40 minutes on the elliptical. I was this close to deciding not to train this morning, but thinking about how I felt on Tuesday talked me out of it. I was glad at the time, but felt wobbly and a bit sick in the shower afterwards, so maybe I should have listened to my body? A toughie, that, because I think my body might say let's not more often than not, and I did feel fine once I started eating my breakfast.
At lunchtime I managed a short, brisk walk in the sun for a much much needed break from my desk. That didn't leave me feeling wobbly, just a bit sweaty! (yeah, they're too polite to say anything but my colleagues must LOVE me... even though I have got a travel deodorant with me all the time!

Food today :
Breakfast: massive cookies and cream whey smoothie made with coconut milk, iced coffee, mango, banana, pineapple and a few blackberries & blueberries, drizzled (dolloped?) with coconut butter that turned into a shell of coconutty goodness on contact!

P1100609

Lunch: last night I couldn't face the effort of making yet another boring chicken salad, so I decided to get a baked potato (filled with really healthy beans and sausage!) at work instead.

Dinner: despite the above comment on boringness I do like salad - and the convenience of simple meals after work - so, ham salad for me this evening, topped with sweetfire beetroot, red onion and some mustard dressing

P1100610

Snacks: Greek yoghurt with fruit; protein water; more fruit

3 comments:

  1. Love the colours of the salad. Red onion just kicks white onion's ass when it comes to salad...ONION WARS!

    Training in the morning is such a head wreck...I find if I don't get to bed early enough the night before then I WILL talk myself out of it and I just get frustrated then after all the planning I've put in i.e. clothes laid out, pre-workout snack at my bedside, alarm set mega early etc...because later on I feel just as tired as if I had gotten up to workout. Sometimes I should just listen to my body the night before and allow myself the extra rest in the morning instead of putting myself through the mental anguish of counting the "hours of potential sleep I can get before my alarm goes off", worrying that I won't have enough time to get everything done before I have to be out the door etc. I would much prefer to have my exercise done and dusted by 7am but by not getting enough rest I am only asking for trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I managed to get some in on the elliptical myself today. Good for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I'm trying to find an email address to contact you on about some broken links on your site. I'd be happy to point them out to you, if you email me back.

    Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete