Wednesday, 27 April 2011

Only one more day to go…

To the weekend I mean, not a reference to the hugely boring, annoying and unexciting Royal Wedding…

I only got 6 hours sleep last night, so I really didn't feel like training - but I did it anyway, maybe not the most intense or effective workout, definitely not the most enjoyable, but still I did manage about 22 minutes of strength & stretching + 20 minutes of cardio intervals on the elliptical, so better than nothing, and I felt better for doing it. However the morning passed with terminal slowness and I was starving all the time (possibly boredom....) so I spent the whole morning fighting the urge for yet another binge. Why is it so hard to get back on track after a binge? Seems like building healthy habits takes weeks / months but building unhealthy habits takes a mere 30 seconds face down in the trough...
At lunchtime I decided to try to stave off another battle by getting a 9 bar (pumpkin flavour - my favourite) and that seemed to do the trick, I guess I needed those healthy seed fats!

Food today :
Breakfast:  buckwheat flakes soaked overnight in coconut milk and Greek yoghurt with blueberries and a gluten free grain free coconut biscuit

P1100581

Lunch: salad topped with feta cheese, ham & peppers
Dinner: Swedish meatballs with courgette pasta, Arrabiata sauce and a salad

P1100583

Snacks: Greek yoghurt with berries, fruit, 9 bar

2 comments:

  1. Not loving the Royal Wedding fever? To the Tower with you I say ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with you it is forbidden to mention the "W" word in this house

    ReplyDelete