Thursday, 28 April 2011

Its the weekend again!!!

First up I'd like to thank you, Deisegirl, for your comment yesterday. I agree with everything you said, I think the sad thing for me is that I just don't trust myself to show enough common sense and restraint if I try to eat that normally at the moment so I'm falling into the trap if looking for a magic bullet that will provide motivation and self control while simultaneously killing the desire to binge... still, that's something I need to work on as clearly what I am doing isn't working and you know what they say about repeating the same actions while expecting a different outcome... I confess I bought a bounty bar and some dried fruit at lunchtime... ate the dried fruit but threw half the bounty away before I started it just to make sure I didn't eat the whole thing
I stuck to cardio this morning with a glute burn program on the elliptical walker. I worked up a decent sweat before breakfast and quite enjoyed it.
Living up to my skirt a week promise today... the skirt I picked is quite short, and I've worn it to work once before over tights so thick they might as well have been leggings... today? Over bare legs, and I was completely paranoid about how exposed I feel. Still, definitely outside that comfort zone / rut! I've spent the whole day looking for women in skirts as short or shorter to make myself feel better ;-)

Food today :
Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, low fat bacon & grilled portobello mushrooms

P1100584

Lunch: jacket potato topped with  tuna salad (tuna, mayo, red onion, celery & a little Dijon mustard)

Dinner:  Ham salad

P1100585

Snacks: Greek yoghurt with honey, fruit, 9 bar, dried fruit, half a bounty bar

2 comments:

  1. Hope my comment didn't come across as "ooh I know all the answers" because obviously I don't. I definitely don't trust myself either, it's like the devil on one shoulder totally has the edge. And I get really frustrated because at the end of the day, it's a pretty basic concept - eat some food, but not too much, and move around a bit too. duh.....though we are definitely not alone in our struggle with that basic comment, and in the grand scheme of things we are a hell of a lot further down the line than most people, we're just not where'd we like to be eh? Hope you have a nice weekend Chrissie.

    PS: I get a bit paranoid if I change up my clothes a bit too and do that whole checking to see if other people are a bit more "out there" than me thing as well..I just wrote about my Clothes Angst....I'm definitely going to try and break out of my comfort zone too if the nice weather holds up though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. basic concept I meant to say....

    ReplyDelete