Sunday, 17 April 2011

Cardiff Saturday

Yesterday I had to go into Cardiff to pick up my watch, which had been in the shop since my last visit a couple of weeks ago. Rather than make it a quick business, trip I invited my brother along for a day out!

It was a great day, morning warm and sunny, afternoon (by which time we’d done all we wanted anyway) cooler and breezier. I spent a fortune on work, casual & training clothes, he spent considerably less. We had a really nice chat, a good lunch, and then he stayed on into the evening when we got home chatting and watching Modern Family. More Saturdays should be like that…

I do admit to eating too many sweets. There’s a bulk buy stall in Cardiff market that does sweet / spicy flavoured nuts, chocolate covered nuts and fruit etc. We went there twice yesterday and both bought a ton of stuff, and he, M and I polished off a disturbing amount of it yesterday afternoon. Ah, but it was good!!!

Food today:

Breakfast: Egg salad in lettuce wraps

P1100546

Lunch: Gourmet Burger Kitchen Buffalo burger (no bun) with salad. My brother had a classic burger with a side of onion rings but even with my help (yes, I know they’[re not gluten free!!!) we barely made a dent in them

IMAG0035

Dinner: Prawns and salad for me, home-made pizza for M & my brother.

P1100548

Snacks: Greek yoghurt with blueberries before we went out; too much chocolate covered orange peel, yoghurt coated cranberries, honey & chilli cashews, dark chocolate brazils, and more….

1 comment:

  1. What a fun day spent with your brother!! I always love the sweet/salty combos when it comes to candy - hopefully you walked a lot! :D

    ReplyDelete