Wednesday, 20 April 2011

Better today

No binge yesterday, a relaxing rest on my Yantra mat before bed, and a few gory murders CSI New York style made yesterday a much more relaxing day!
I slept better than I have for about a week even though I'd had to break my no-caffeine rule, and started this morning with 20 minutes body weight / kettle bells / dumb-bell strength training and 20 minutes on the elliptical just to finish waking up. My arms feel like lead now - love it!
I also decided to step outside my comfort zone by wearing a summer-ish skirt to work today - 99.9999 % of the time I wear dark trousers, so while that doesn't sound like much its a bigger deal for me than it should be! Unfortunately I couldn't wear my usual ankle boots with the skirt and my alternative shoes were a lot less comfortable, so it did shorten my walk a bit, but it was still a pleasant and worthwhile change and I want to try to keep wearing more varied and feminine clothes at least once a week while the weather's so nice. I'll just have to break the shoes in a bit! I did make it to the St Nicholas market again - we're having my parents-in-law over on Saturday so I was looking for nibbles, but in the end settled for just getting some nice white bread for them all to eat, some vintage cider for me, and some asparagus just because (locally grown new season dead expensive asparagus - but I love it!)

Food today:

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, grilled portobello mushrooms and sautéed spinach

P1100560

Lunch: salad topped with roast chicken breast and low fat cheddar

Dinner: fresh tuna steak with Butternut squash chips and roasted vegetables

P1100562

Snacks: Greek yoghurt with fruit, cashew cookie Nak'd bar

2 comments:

  1. It's great to find another UK Healthy Living Blogger. You have my mouth salivating with some of your recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should take your advice - I never wear skirts or dresses - always pants just because its in my comfort zone.

    I will wear a skirt this spring...the weather just has to cooperate more - although today it should get into the 50's.

    Have a nice dinner with the inlaws tonight!

    ReplyDelete