Thursday, 24 March 2011

Thursday

I just went on the walker this morning - and added 3 pull-ups, 2 * 5 chin-ups, and 20 push-ups.
I'm seriously considering changing my short term focus from weight loss to increased fitness and strength, but I'm not entirely sure if I can stick it. I do feel so frustrated at my failure to lose weight right now that I might be at risk of giving up altogether (or switching to some stupid faddy diet) and I hope a change in emphasis might stop me doing that. I'm 148 lbs today, I don't like that much but it is a healthy weight for my height and my abs actually don't look too bad, plus the things I used to do clearly aren't working any more (even if only because I'm sick of doing them & therefore not sticking to them...) so I need to shake things up a bit. Of course you'll be the first to hear what I do and how I get on... (or don't do, and don't get on...)
In case you wondered though, I'm not even going to try to stop the walking...
And speaking of walking, I went out to enjoy the sunshine again this lunchtime. Last time I went to Clifton I ended up in an area called Clifton Downs; today I bore left and went to Clifton village. I loved it again, even though along the way I passed some ugly University of Bristol buildings (and militant striking lecturers) and found a tiny little deli to kill some time in so that was nice...

Food today:

Breakfast: gf muesli with soy milk, blueberries & blackberries

P1100464

Lunch: baked potato topped with Thai green curry - chicken - from the work canteen

Dinner: Panhackelty - my take on a Northern traditional casserole to use up leftovers. I browned some gf chipolatas, layered thinly sliced potatoes, carrots and onion in a bowl with the sausages & a couple of rashers of low fat bacon, covered it all with a mixture of chicken & vegetable stock seasoned with salt, pepper & herbes de Provence, and stuck it in my slow-cooker all day. Served with gf bread to soak up the stock

P1100465

Snacks: Greek yoghurt with summer fruit, 2 tangerines, protein water, fruit salad, snack pack of sugarsnap peas, a little dried fruit

Weight: 10st 8lbs (148). Even though I was well within calories yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. the penny has dropped! I'm so glad you're ditching the weight mentally(we all know muscle weighs more than fatty tissue)thus focusing on health and fitness makes perfect sense.

    ReplyDelete