Monday, 28 March 2011

Oh, my aching arms...

I had a quiet weekend this week, some shopping, some walking, getting my hair cut (just a trim, no exciting new look) and, sadly lots of grazing that included some home-baking to use up more flour etc. and unfortunately upset my stomach. I felt I should test it before asking other people to eat it - or so I told myself!
And lots of push-ups, pul-lups and chin-ups.... hence the aching arms! Still, my shoulders feel broader already ;-)

My freezer is absolutely bulging with cookies, fruit loaf, gf bread....
I still have a ton more gluten-containing flours, including lots of bread flours, but I'll keep going till its all gone (after giving some goodies away at work to make room...)

This morning I declared a rest day apart from doing 3 sets of 20 pushups. At lunchtime I went out, bit instead of going for a proper walk I spent the time exploring the wonderful St Nicholas markets near my office. Artisan chocolate, the Bristol sausage company, bakeries featuring interesting gf goodies (not all just chocolate thankfully...) and stalls selling curries, Caribbean foods, breads and pies... a foodie heaven, though a lot of it wasn't suitable for the gluten intolerant. I resisted everything except for a delicious vegetable & fruit juice (can't remember the details but it included carrot, apple & ginger) and a couple of (expensive) bottles of kombucha to try. I'll definitely be going back when a treat is called for though...

Food Saturday:
Breakfast: massive smoothie with summer berries, whey, a small banana & half a head of little gem lettuce - amazing!

P1100482

Lunch: fish chowder & spinach bread tomato sandwich

P1100483

Dinner: Salad with pan-fried salmon

P1100485

Snacks: Greek yoghurt with blueberries, homemade granola by the tin, dried fruit & almonds, mini Green & Black bar, a slice of fruit loaf baked in my slow-cooker

P1100486

P1100488

P1100484

Food Sunday:
Breakfast: gf waffle with Bacon, maple syrup & a banana

P1100490

Lunch: fish chowder & spinach bread

P1100491

Dinner: big salad of soaked wild rice, feta cheese and chopped veggies

P1100492

Snacks: Greek yoghurt with blueberries, more homemade granola, a sesame- port wine cookie and some gf nearly rye bread plus a load of dried fruit

Food today:

Breakfast: gf muesli with soy milk and blueberries

Lunch: 3 cheese broccoli soup

Dinner: fake Nandos mushroom & halloumi with asparagus and Butternut squash chips.

P1100493

Snacks: Greek yoghurt with blueberries, protein water, gf maple peanut protein bar (wasn't keen), crème egg, fruit salad

No comments:

Post a Comment