Friday, 25 March 2011

Friday at last!!!

Well, I made a half-assed attempt at changing my routine this morning - 24 minutes of heart rate controlled intervals on the stationary bike followed by 16 minutes of body weight resistance exercises (push-ups, chin-ups, planks, lunges without extra weights) plus a few crunches, kettle bell swings & Arnie presses. I wasn't counting anything or timing anything to allow progress tracking, just trying to get a feel for it. I do realise that if I want to get anywhere I'll have to give it more structure in the future though. Has anyone reading changed themselves from cardio queens into weights warriors? If so, and hints on how you persuaded yourself to make the switch would be appreciated, given the problems I have with motivation...

I didn't have to fight to go for a walk at lunchtime though, and thoroughly enjoyed it even though it was basically a failed shopping trip. I didn't want much, just some caraway seeds, but failed to find any. Bristol has loads of shops, but with exception of Asda most of them are 'Metro' or 'Express' style cut down stores rather than full-sized supermarkets. I wanted them for some gf 'rye' bread, and happily managed to get them in the end, back here in Wales.

Food today:

Breakfast: gf muesli with soy milk, blueberries & blackberries, topped with fat free Greek yoghurt

Lunch: Carrot & coriander soup and a slice of 'spinach bread' - thick low carb spinach omelette really - topped with LC.

Dinner: Gf vegetable pie bought at the health good store I found earlier in the week (vegetable chilli filling) with salad and Butternut squash chips. The filling was a little bland, but the pastry was actually really really good! (I broke it all up getting it out of the packaging, but it was really crispy and very tasty)

P1100480

Snacks: Greek yoghurt with summer fruit, 2 tangerines, protein water, melon selection, chocolate-raspberry milkshake on my walk.

Weight: At least until I give up on the focus on strength angle I'm not reporting daily weights any more, though I may mention a particularly good - or bad - day

1 comment:

  1. One's age is a big motivating factor for me as it's a down hill battle to prevent muscle decline the older you are. Worth reminding yourself: if you don't use it you lose it! Resistance bands(handy when you're out and about and travelling etc.)and weights are excellent too. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete