Wednesday, 2 March 2011

Busy Wednesday

I managed to talk myself onto the elliptical walker again this morning with slightly less effort required than yesterday! It still didn't feel like a great workout, but anything is probably better than nothing, right?

I also managed to take a walk at lunchtime - and carried a rucksack of books to donate to a charity shop with me on the way out as well. I'm doing a Decluttering project on my house - one very heavy rucksack at a time! To get ahead of the curve, I also walked into town after work with another rucksack full – and that despite being tired all day again. I guess the truth is I’m not tired AT work, I’m tired OF work – because I’m quite eager to be energetic the rest of the time!

I reinstated my 'only snack on fruit, veg, Greek yoghurt and seeds / nuts ' plan effective today. I'm sick of maintaining a weight I'm not happy with and the time to fix it is long past. I just wish I wasn't so much hungrier these days than I used to be in the happy days of weight loss...

Food today:
Breakfast: Grilled Portobello mushrooms, an egg scrambled with extra egg whites and some gf toast (if you can call it toast when the damned stuff refuses to brown)

P1100314

Lunch: Chicken rice soup cooked in the slow cooker

Dinner: Tandoori tofu with  salad

P1100316

Snacks: Greek yoghurt with seeds;  Apple, fruit salad & clementines; a bag of vegetable crisps (hey, I said I’d snack on veg and I didn’t say it couldn’t be pan-fried and salted Winking smile)

2 comments:

  1. Well done you all that walking must have burned a few calories surely so to hell with the fried crisps.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, walking with a rucksack always reminds me of why losing weight is such a darned good thing. Just think, we used to carry the excess lbs around with us all day, every day. Poor knees!

    Good on you with the snacking (are veg crisps part of our 5-a-day I wonder?).

    ReplyDelete