Thursday, 24 February 2011

Wake up call

This morning I heard that my Mum has been called into hospital for a biopsy on her kidney. Needless to say, I'm really worried, even though the procedure itself went fine, and food / weight-loss seems utterly unimportant right now.

Nevertheless, I did manage to drag myself onto the elliptical walker this morning, and to stick to my 'only snack on fruit' plan, and to take a walk at lunchtime - much needed for distraction purposes.

Food today:
Breakfast: 1 hard-boiled egg & 3 rashers reduced fat bacon on gf toast

P1100287

Lunch: Spinach & potato soup with a feta cheese salad

Dinner: Bolognese sauce and shirataki noodles with salad

P1100289

Snacks: Greek yoghurt with seeds; bag of dried mango & pineapple; 2 bottles protein water; apple

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your Mum: you're so right in that episodes/events like that give us a reality check on what's truly important.

    You're a star for still sticking to your eating plan though: I would have stress-eaten in such a situation.

    Best wishes to your mother.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your mum's biopsy results come back OK Chrissie.

    ReplyDelete