Friday, 18 February 2011

Active Friday

No rest day for me this Friday! 40 minutes on the stationary bike doing intervals again. The program is controlled by the heart rate as measured by a chest strap that I forgot to dampen before I started - so it made me work harder at the start till the contacts were damp enough to give an accurate reading.
I had a brisk, energetic walk at lunchtime, walking to Bedminster, where I did my course a few weeks ago. I needed it, as I was starving late morning and weakened again...

I leave work an hour earlier on Fridays, and as soon as I got home I donned my trusty rucksack and headed out up the embankment to Caldicot before the sun set. All in all, I think I’ve earned the gluten free beer I’m currently drinking today!

Food today:
Breakfast: Amaranth cooked last night in water then reheated on the hob with soy milk & a banana and topped with crunchy PB and strawberry jam. It looked a horrible gelatinous mess first thing this morning, but was actually a nice breakfast once the additions had been added!

P1100234P1100235 

This is the best peanut butter ever – available in 1kg tubs from www.myprotein.com.  They roast them in their skins, then grind them with no added salt, sugar or fat. This tub has lasted us less than 2 weeks, as M agrees how good it is!!!

Lunch: Red lentil and vegetable soup with an Alpro soya pudding

Dinner: Marinated tofu (marinated over night in a mixture of gluten-free soy sauce, ginger, garlic and Dijon mustard) baked in the oven and served with a vegetable stir fry. Another good tofu recipe!

P1100236

P1100237

This recipe, like the tandoori tofu from the other day, came from this book. The lady really knows her tofu!

Snacks:  Greek yoghurt with seeds, bounty bar & pot of melon chunks.

No comments:

Post a Comment