Monday, 20 December 2010

Slogging through the snow…

I didn’t go to work today because of icy conditions in my road and a forecast of lots more snow, which are currently coming true.

As there was no way on earth I was taking my car out (I went to Tesco on Saturday and the useless pile of junk got stuck on the way home (luckily in my street, not 3 miles away) I decided to walk into town over the fields. My God, its hard work walking on uneven ground in thick snow carrying a heavy rucksack!!! I found a frozen stream under the snow by walking onto it and slipping and falling onto one knee, and by the time I got home I looked like Sniffy the Snow-woman!!! (Yep, I think I’m coming down with a cold….)

P1090955

In the afternoon we watched Iron Man 2, downloaded on M’s PS3. It took forever to download it – we originally wanted to watch it yesterday, but the download was too slow!!! I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, action, humour, and lets be honest, Robert Downey Jr…. Winking smile

Food today:

Breakfast: Toaster waffles and Greek yoghurt with berries and maple syrup

P1090954

Lunch: Sweetcorn chowder with lite bread with LC with cucumber

P1090957

Dinner: Ethiopian chicken stew with salad

P1090961

Snacks: Chocolate orange protein bar

Weight: 10st 4.2lbs (144.2lbs)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see a post from you. I was wondering how you were surviving the big storm. Sounds like a nightmare!

    ReplyDelete