Saturday, 2 October 2010

Saturday

Feeling rather more cheerful today, partly due to the support I received on here, partly due to a more pleasant weigh in than I expected after the last week (I told you I was shallow!) and partly due to a walk in my favourite kind of weather – bright, beautiful blue skies with sunshine but cold and dry – it makes me glad to be alive!

P1070854P1070856

Also my PC is now running smoothly and apparently hassle-free – quite a relief!

This afternoon we watched The Bounty Hunter with Gerald Baker & Jennifer Aniston. I had heard it was rubbish, so I started with low expectations, but it was actually quite enjoyable in a daft, undemanding kind of way, and fitted my mood perfectly – I didn’t want to have to work at it and I definitely wasn’t looking for anything deep and meaningful!!!

Food today:

Breakfast: Multigrain porridge with cookies & cream whey

P1070853

Lunch: Grilled veggie wraps. Usually they’re exploding all over the place so I split the filling between 2 wraps – not a great idea, next time I’ll settle for holding it in both hands and clearing up after myself!

P1070858

Dinner: Bolognese in courgette boats with a big salad

P1070859

Snacks: Honey & vanilla protein bar; all bran with berries; bag of dried apricots, some plums and melon

Weight: 10st 3lbs (143 lbs exactly) – I was stepping onto the scales with my eyes shut expecting terrible things!!!

2 comments:

  1. And sometimes the scale is fickle is good ways! Glad to hear you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely when the scales give you a pleasant surprise, isn't it. Glad you are feeling happier.

    Your courgette boats look delicious. Hmmm, wonder if I could persuade lovely hubby (a true courgette hater) to try them... just once?

    And porridge! Ooooh, one of my favourite things. We have just gone over to 'winter' breakfasts of porridge and I'm a very happy bunny.

    ReplyDelete