Tuesday, 19 October 2010

Recovering

Feeling fat today because of yesterday's falling off the wagon. In truth it wasn't much of a binge by past standards, though definitely well over maintenance calories. Its just discouraging when things I seem to be improving and then I slip backwards. Ah well, today is another day.... again... always... and I don't feel like eating unhealthy stuff today (so far anyway...) Actually I didn’t eat everything I had planned, as I haven’t felt so hungry today for a nice change!
Training after work - 10 mins rowing machine & 30 mins elliptical walker. I still couldn't be bothered to walk at lunchtime (which was probably a good thing as it rained). I did hope to go for a walk after work, but it rained again – literally starting just as I was about to drive over the Severn Bridge!

Food today:

Breakfast: porridge with whey and fruit

P1070946

Lunch: Bean & chorizo soup with a home-made spelt roll & LC. The soup was made by blending a batch of very poor 'baked beans' I made with no recipe in my slow cooker with some gammon stock. It made a surprisingly good soup - shame I can't remember how I made it!

P1070949

Dinner: Tofu with peanut-ginger sauce, stir fried veggies and noodles – delicious, even though I used crunchy peanut butter rather than smooth because it was all I had, and substituted broccoli for spinach for the same reason!

P1070950

Snacks: Apple with babybel; home-made buttermilk berry muffin

P1070948

Didn't weigh today due to the vast (and therefore heavy) amounts of toast I had at supper time in an attempt to 'fix' a bad case of constipation that was making me feel very uncomfortable. It worked - eventually...

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh, your food looks lush! I especially love how creamy your porridge looks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your food looks so yummy. Hope the rest of your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad things are improving. Nil desperandum.

    Constipation is a beggar! Some tips I've found... if you can't stand the idea of pharmacy products.

    Get a jar of sauerkraut and eat the lot, juice 'n all. Not my favourite but it seems to work.

    Gentle but increasingly firm abdominal massage, clockwise, following the bowel. Begin in your lower belly, below and to the right of your navel. Move up, and then across, then down the left-hand side of the abdomen and finish just above the groin area. Repeat until you get fed up - body lotion or oil helps the massage.

    ReplyDelete