Saturday, 11 September 2010

Whew – all better!

You can’t imagine how glad I was to wake up today and find that my stomach was no longer imitating a cement mixer! I was a bit worried that it might come back when I started cooking, but it didn’t – luckily, as I spent all afternoon cooking 3 soups for my lunches so that I have a variety. I made two old favourites – slow cooker corn chowder and one of my no-recipe everything in the fridge soups with tons of vegetables plus the meat from a slow cooked chicken leg and some barley – plus a new one that you’ll see lunchtime tomorrow.

Before that I walked into town to drop off some recycling and charity clothes donations, then did a little shopping. The weather wasn’t great, but it was at least dry and cool-ish, and it felt good to stretch my legs. Plus on the way home I stopped by to visit my favourite German shepherd buddy – who was delirious with excitement because I haven’t seen her for so long – and got lots and lots of doggy kisses!!! Is there anything more happy-inspiring than the affection of a furry friend?

And also in the afternoon we watched The Road with Viggo Mortenson. How to describe it? It was… interesting. And I certainly didn’t feel like stopping it before it finished. But it was not a feel good or funny movie, that’s for sure – more thought-provoking and depressing!

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with berries

Lunch: Pea, mint & broccoli soup with a toasted sandwich of lite bread, sweet chilli Philadelphia light and tomato

P1070730

Dinner: Mushroom, lentil and barley stew stuffed in a courgette and baked, with a side salad

P1070733

Snacks: Greek yoghurt with oats and honey;

P1070731

summer fruit & spinach protein smoothie in a bowl

Weight: 10 st 2.4lbs (142.4 lbs)

1 comment:

  1. Yep, doggie love is the best hence 'man's best friend' :)

    ReplyDelete