Thursday, 2 September 2010

Thanks for your birthday wishes!

Yesterday my Dad asked me if I was feeling old… I must admit that getting a year older really doesn't make me feel old for some reason.... in fact looking back over a good few years I probably feel younger now than I used to - especially when I was a fair bit heavier! I'm certainly lighter, fitter and (despite my body image / food issues) happier in my body than I was then, and I'm reminded of that every time I work out / run upstairs / climb over a gate to get somewhere I'm not supposed to be.... ;-)
I did decide to take the day off my morning workout, even though I still got up pretty early. I spent the time trying to catch up on blog reading instead (btw everybody I am falling behind on the reading due to a combination of being at work, commuting, training, planning and preparing all my food - but I'm not ignoring you even if I don't have time to post, and I will get into a routine eventually - even if it does take me until my last week of my contract ;-) )

Back on track today so far! I did train this morning - 40 minutes on the elliptical walker - and I went for a 40 minute walk at lunchtime as well, so I'm feeling much better, though the walk got off to a slow start because for some reason my calves felt very tight and short at first, and took a while to warm up. They relaxed eventually though, and it became a lot more enjoyable after that!
Food wise I haven't really wanted anything I shouldn't so far. I missed out the morning protein smoothie because I just wasn't hungry (must be all that kebab meat from yesterday!!!), and when I realised that I'd forgotten to pack part of my lunch (2 slices of lite bread and a wedge of LC) I managed to find something (high protein) for about the same calories in the shop down the road - even though I had to pass ice-cream, cookies, flapjacks and other evil things to get to the right shelf!

Food today:
Breakfast: All bran with blueberries, strawberries & raspberries

Lunch: A salad with feta cheese

 P1070677

and a bag of ‘Fridge Raiders’

P1070676

Dinner: Slow cooked curry of lean steak mince, onion and tomatoes, served with cauliflower ‘rice’

 P1070678

Snacks: Greek yoghurt with We Are Bear granola; popcorn and roasted soya nuts

P1070679

Weight: Still no clue, didn't weigh. Probably not good as my digestive system is back into lockdown this morning :-(

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!! You are still younger than me :D

    Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    Biz

    ReplyDelete