Tuesday, 7 September 2010

Slow start

Slept badly last night and really struggled to get out of bed this morning, so even though I knew in the long run it might help I didn't do any training this morning - I'll make up for that this evening. Instead I hoovered and tidied up a bit, as well as finishing prepping my slow-cooked dinner for tonight,so I wasn't totally unproductive! I hate being woken up by my alarm, for some reason that leaves me feeling groggy all morning, although I did wake up a bit in the shower thankfully. It was a beautiful morning this morning, just a bit misty when I got into Wiltshire, nothing like the horrendous torrential rain I drove home through last night - several times I had to drive through flooded sections of road yesterday, today there were only smallish puddles left as a reminder. Of course the forecast said today would be a replay of yesterday, starting out dry and going downhill from there. It hasn’t happened so far though! It certainly isn't very warm in the mornings now, I could definitely pick up the hint of autumn on my way to the car today.

I thought about going for a walk at lunchtime today but it was grey and gloomy (until it was exactly too late for me to go... typical!!!) and I haven't been reading my nutrition text enough so I made myself stay in and read that instead. Until I started nodding off at my desk, then I switched to looking at a lovely new cookbook I just got through work from The Book People - Levi Root's Food for Friends. Already planning in a couple of his recipes!

I did manage a walk after work this evening as I needed a few bits from the shop (including a cucumber – which I then forgot to buy!!!)

I’m now watching Food, Inc. Very interesting, not exactly enjoyable… I’ll let you know what I think in the end tomorrow!

Food today:
Breakfast: All bran with berries

P1070705

Lunch: Salad with feta, black olives and hard boiled egg; lite bread with LC

P1070716

Dinner: Slow cooked English style curried chicken casserole with cauliflower rice. The curry was made by sautéing mushrooms, onions and celery in butter, then adding hot curry powder; frying the curry powder for a minute then adding a can of condensed cream of mushroom soup; adding frozen chicken thighs (skinless and boneless) and slow cooking on low for 8 hours. I made the sauce last night and added the chicken this morning.

P1070717

Snacks: Greek yoghurt with We are Bear granola;

P1070715

popcorn and soya 'nuts'

1 comment:

  1. I don't think anyone likes to be disturbed by the alarm clock going off,it's far from natural(bodies hates it)! I tend to rely on my internal body clock.If I need to wake up at a certain time I do usually a bit earlier then I need to; try it it really works!

    ReplyDelete