Friday, 24 September 2010

Rest Day

So no evening training session - which is no bad thing as my lower back is still a bit painful, largely I think due to the incredibly uncomfortable chair I have at work. It is a grey and depressing day today and matches my mood - I slept very badly last night and am struggling to stay awake with eyes that feel as though they were rolled in sand this morning. And the fact that someone spent the morning using an electric drill in the office really improved my mood....
I think I'm getting depressed again, and may have to go back to the doctor to talk about mind mood altering drugs ;-) I've always been very reluctant to follow that path but I don't seem to be doing too well without it these days, and I don't think its fair to myself, my family, or indeed you guys to just wallow in it. Although I'm sure if you've read for very long you will instantly realise the degree of panic that will ensue if I get a prescription and (as I hear is often the case) I immediately start gaining weight... anyway, appointment made for next week so I'll have to see what happens...
I didn't walk either, instead eating at my desk and reading an absolutely brilliant book-from-a-blog called 'More Blood, More Sweat and Another Cup of Tea' - its based on a blog by Tom Reynolds, pen name for a member of the London Ambulance Service, about his working life and experiences, and a lot of it is very funny while other chapters make me rage - or cry, depending... This is his second book, and I'm sure he'll have the scope for several more!

Food today:
Breakfast: All bran with berries

P1070814

Lunch: I wanted to get a baguette from the sandwich van - didn't fancy soup today - but I failed to hear the announcement that the van was at the office, so I had sweetcorn chowder and a banana toastie again - still yummy!

P1070821 P1070822

Dinner: Chicken shish kebab with pitta and sala

P1070824

Snacks: Greek yoghurt with fruit & granola; protein bar because my protein percentage was too low

P1070823

And a gingerbread pumpkin…

Weight today: 10 st 1.5lbs (141.5 lbs)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Chrissie, I hope you are able to find a solution for your depression. As a depression-prone person, I understand your situation.

    And of course, I would love a caffeine-withdrawal buddy. If we both got some sleep, I'm sure we'd both feel better. I'm now trying to my consumption off at noon. I'll need to be aware, as ordering a DC is almost as easy for me to do as to say my name.

    I hope this weekend brings you all sorts of peace, healing and relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the turn in the weather doesn't help I think (not that the weather was amazing to start with) but the extra DARKNESS is hard to ignore. It's probably a bit draining being back in the routine of work again?

    Banana+toast=Win!

    ReplyDelete