Tuesday, 14 September 2010

Rain. And rain. And then… rain

I read this morning the record for the world's biggest chocolate bar has been broken... I have to admit, seeing that much chocolate in one place bar is actually enough to put me off chocolate - at least when I'm reading about it first thing in the morning!

This morning was really grotty - nothing but spray as I was driving up the M4. I hate that at the best of times, but now that we're having these lovely dark mornings as well, it really sucked. I really don't like driving to work in the dark, bring back the 5:00 am sunrise!! I hoped to walk at lunch but the grey drizzle continued all morning day. I guess I should have made the effort yesterday instead of worrying about my health issues. I did train this morning - 40 minutes on the elliptical walker plus some chin ups and pull ups just to check I can still do them. I was planning originally to do The 30 Day Shred again after letting myself slip completely out of the habit, but in the end felt more in a cardio and TV watching mood so I went with that - as they say, the best kind of exercise is the kind you actually want to do!

This evening after work I did Workout 2 of the 30 Day shred before dinner – well, most of it anyway! Holy hell it was hard work – even with my silly little no-weights dumb bells!

Food today:
Breakfast: All bran with soya milk & berries topped with a dollop of Greek yoghurt and a hardboiled egg on one slice of lite bread

P1070760 P1070761

Lunch: Chicken, vegetable & barley soup with a toasted cheese and tomato sandwich - and a packet of crisps because I had a slightly stressful morning (yes, yes, I know... but one bag isn't the end of the world!) I hadn’t noticed the overhead fluorescent light reflecting off my bowl of soup!!!

P1070763 P1070764

Dinner: I made a Chinese curry with prawns and vegetables and served it on a bed of cauliflower rice. It was excellent, despite being made with a very dodgy looking commercial paste that I bought in Cardiff’s Chinatown on my last shopping trip – you literally just dissolve the paste in hot water and stir it into the meat / seafood and veg.  I didn’t make enough sauce for all the vegetables I bulked it up with, next time I will be more generous!

P1070765 P1070766

Snacks: Greek yoghurt with summer fruit; Greek yoghurt with granola

P1070762

and a second bag of granola later in the day when I started wanting something sweet. I don’t know why, but I really wanted crunchy today as well… still, without it I probably wouldn’t have had the energy to go up against Jillian….!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment