Friday, 17 September 2010

Friday at last

No training again today, I just didn't have the energy. I am finding it hard to work out a viable routine for fitting the training that I want to do around this contract. If I want to train in the morning I have to get up between 4:30 and 5 am, which even though it's kind of natural to me, leaves me quite tired by the end of the week. I can't really fit in eating beforehand, so I know that I'm unlikely to have as productive a training session as I could later in the day - and so far I just can't face Jillian at that time. On the other hand, I've always been an early bird when it comes to dinner so I'm hungry when I get home, making it difficult to train straight after work. And of course waiting to feel like training after dinner gives me time to get busy with other things / comfortable and makes it less likely that I can find the motivation to get on with it in the evening. I can't believe how hard I find it to fit healthy living around work  - clearly I need to be fabulously wealthy so that I can train when and how I want to without all this other stuff getting in the way. Now what did I do with that lottery ticket...???

I didn't train or walk today. I've decided that its time to formally introduce a proper rest day every week as I'm prone to forgetting for a couple of weeks at a time - and if I'm ever going to get more consistent with the resistance training this will be even more important. So, rest day = Friday from now on!

Food today:
Breakfast: All bran with berries

P1070775

Lunch: Innocent Veg pot - Mexican sweet potato chilli & lite bread with LC

P1070776

Dinner: Bean burgers & salad – the salad was an odd concoction of home-made coleslaw, lettuce & cucumber, with raisins and blanched broccoli & carrots (because I don’t much like them raw)

P1070778

Snacks: Greek yoghurt with granola; Greek yoghurt with summer berries

2 comments:

  1. Fitting exercise around work can be such a pain, I was putting myself through the wringer to do it and it just wasn't worth it. If I have a "light" week in work I'll try and fit in extra workouts but otherwise I now try and get most exercise into the weekend and maybe one or two sessions on weekdays, so I'm still getting - if I was faffing about at home for the weekend I'd even do a couple of sessions on one or both days and if I go away for the weekend and am eating sh1t I'll force myself to make space for more weekday exercise the next week. I'll always do something midweek but morning workouts are definitely off the agenda for the last few weeks as I've been on an earlier train than usual (my "late" train is still earlier than most people I know get out of bed but that's just the way my day is!). You've really just got to keep experimenting until you get a routine that fits you, and that routine doesn't have to be set in stone..which I suppose would mean it's not really a routine. Hmm. Epic fail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is hard to schedule working out around a busy schedule. Working five days a week meant that I no longer went to the gym, which I hated. Now that I'm back down to part-time hours, I'm finding more time for it. Good luck with finding a routine that works best for you!

    I'm also dropping by to let you know that you've won a blog award! You can claim it here at: http://americangirlinbristol.blogspot.com/2010/09/happy-101-award.html

    I hope you're having a good day! :)

    ReplyDelete