Wednesday, 22 September 2010

A better day

Well, I may possibly have sorted out my PC although I won't trust it for a while yet! Now that that is out of the way I can finally look at starting to catch up on my blog reading properly! Well, as much as work permits anyway.

No training this morning again, I'm doing quite well at not getting obsessive about it I think, and I've managed a massive 2 consecutive days of evening training! I put laundry away and tidied up a bit instead, even though I'd far rather be sweating in the gym! I had a horrible drive into work this morning due to fog. Yesterday the motorway was foggy and the other roads were clear as a bell - that didn't bother me too much because the motorway is so wide and a lot of the time so straight, but today the reverse was true. It was still dark, the fog was heavy, and I was driving on narrow, windy hilly roads where at times I couldn't see the bend. Lovely relaxing start to the day! I just slowed down compared to my usual driving and got here without any actual problems, but there were times my heart was in my mouth a bit!

Lunchtime walk again today - over the fields once more. The weather is due to change tomorrow with heavy rain forecast, so I wanted to make the most of the opportunity before the fields turned into bogs and I had to avoid them to keep my work clothes clean! I wanted to look for a village shop that I know is in the next village and get a chance to investigate what it can provide. It's not a supermarket or anything, so I knew it would be limited, but I like to know where I can pick up a pint of milk if needed. I expected it to be like the community shop in the village where I work, offering mainly junk food, booze and newspapers, but it actually surprised me by having an actual produce area that included sweet potatoes and aubergines, spices that I can't even get in Chepstow, and plenty of cupboard staples like soy sauce. Plus junk food, booze, and biscuits! I didn't have any cash on me (sometimes I take my 'no money means no bingeing’ rule a bit far) so I'll have to go back to stock up on the spices.

The walk over the fields was really nice again. I took a small detour to take a look at the weir on the Kennet & Avon canal just there. It was bigger than I expected, though I'm not sure how much luck the two fishermen I saw sitting there were having!

 P1070809 P1070810

I’m happy to say that although I could happily have nibbled extra food today I didn’t feel I was starving the whole day so I guess my ridiculous out-of-control appetite is finally calming down a bit!

Food today:
Breakfast: All bran with berries

Lunch: Roasted roots soup with lite bread & LC.

P1070811

Dinner: Slow cooker English style curried chicken casserole with cauliflower rice and a little cucumber & tomato

P1070813

Snacks: Greek yoghurt with apple puree & granola; Greek yoghurt with defrosted fruit and a mini babybel light

Weight: 10 st 2.5lbs (142.5 lbs)

No comments:

Post a Comment