Sunday, 12 September 2010

Baking marathon

I’ve been missing my baking mojo for a few weeks – mainly because every time I’ve thought about baking I’ve also been thinking about bingeing and decided it’s too dangerous… I’m visiting my father tomorrow evening (it’s his birthday this week) so I decided to bake some muffins to take along. I had some buttermilk to use up, so I picked buttermilk berry muffins! I also made some buttermilk corn muffins for M & I, and then some oatmeal raisin choc chip cookies that will be taken into work. Busy, busy busy!

P1070735 P1070737

P1070747

I made the muffins this morning, then walked into Chepstow and had a coffee before shopping. It was a beautiful morning, clear blue skies and not – to start with – too warm, although it heated up quite fast! I enjoyed the walk and the baking!

After lunch I made the cookies while catching up on some new sitcoms we’ve been recording and not yet watching. We tried The Middle first, then Better off Ted, and enjoyed them both very much!

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with strawberries and prunes

P1070734

Lunch: Roast (Levi’s) root soup – roasted red peppers, red onions, carrots, tomatoes and sweet potatoes blitzed with water, coconut milk and parsley. With it I had one of my corn muffins

P1070743

Dinner: Lemon Pepper Quorn fillet with salad and home-made oven chips

P1070746

Snacks: Protein bar on the way to town; yoghurt with fruit and Granola at the coffee shop;

P1070741

Greek yoghurt with berries and a crumbled berry muffin

P1070744

1 comment:

  1. Sublime Sunday then(your edible do look good:)?!!!

    ReplyDelete