Monday, 30 August 2010

Work-free Monday!

I do like Bank Holidays when I have a job – even after just over a week in the working world!

I walked into Chepstow this morning, to make the most of the lovely sunshine. It was nice to have a chance to make a fuss of the farm dog Border collie I’ve mentioned before; less nice getting chased across a field by a herd of cows again! Coming back again I didn’t go through the fields… ;-)

I’ve been feeling kind of nibbly today. I wouldn’t call it a binge and don’t think I went anywhere near going over calories, but I was feeling a bit off – and a bit odd – and I woke up with a headache that came back several times throughout the day, so I haven’t been firing on all cylinders today, and I’m not sure why. Obviously I didn’t let it stop me going out, but I didn’t really enjoy bits of the journey back because I was feeling peculiar. It wore off after a while though, and I’ve been taking it easy this afternoon (originally I meant to do the basic resistance workout I tried last week, but fairly easily convinced myself that was a bad idea). We tried watching another movie that somehow made it onto our lovefilm rental list, but gave it up after about 25 minutes because it was just too odd. It was a Thai movie called Raging Phoenix, and was subtitled, and supposedly a martial arts movie – except that it featured a martial art that seemed to be a mixture of break-dancing and karate (I kid you not, they really did incorporate break-dancing movies into their fights) and required the fighters to be drunk to perform it…  It was just too silly to stick with!!!

Food today:

Breakfast: All bran with peaches, blueberries, raspberries & strawberries – there is cereal in there, I promise!!!

P1070646

Lunch: Grilled vegetable sandwich with an egg – a bit deconstructed as you can see! I had a couple of slices of beer bread from the freezer, and really enjoyed it!

P1070652

Dinner: Roast chicken breast with dry roasted potatoes & veg

P1070655

Snacks: Protein smoothie, cottage cheese (pineapple & mango flavour!)

P1070647 P1070648

A slice of ‘skinny’ lemon poppy seed cake at Coffee #1 in Chepstow

P1070651

and a few roasted soya nuts

P1070653

Weight today: 10 st 3.5lbs (143.5lbs) – and I’m quite pleased given that we ate out yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment